Firmware update in Netgear router is an inbuilt and preinstalled feature to Enhance the security and to improve router performance which provides Innovating features that help in providing a better, network Coverage. Firmware Update Also offers by Netgear Time to time. So, you can resolve the problems like technical glitches, speed issues, Connectivity issues with your smart devices, and many more.
Manually upgrade router firmware :
- Connect the Ethernet cable from the back of your Netgear router to the Computer, open Any web browser and visit https://www.netgear.com/support.
- Sign in with your Netgear Router model number or product name press enter.
- Click the option of download. Select the latest firmware version and click on download.
- The file will be downloaded in zip format, you can extract that file make sure the file we need to upload should be in the CHK format.
- Open web browser type www.routerlogin.net or in some cases, you need the IP address 192.168.1.1 to access the GUI of your router, a box will come up asking for a Username and Password.
- Enter username and password Associated with your Netgear wireless Router when prompted.Default Username = admin and Password = password).
- Sign in and select option ADVANCED > Administration or settings > Firmware update or router update. (option varies for different routers)
- Click the option to browse or choose a file, select the firmware file that ends with IMG or.CHK.
- Now click on upload.
(Note: Once’s your firmware starts uploading do not try to go online or open a web page or do anything else on your router or computer until it is finished and restart the router again. if it stops in between it can damage your router. The whole process will take Two to Three minutes)