Netgear router comes with the default Wi-Fi name and the network key. For security purposes, it is suggested that you should change the name and password for the Wi-Fi. There are some easy steps to access the GUI to change (SSID) or password. Make sure the device on which you want to access the www.routerlogin.net should be connected to your Netgear Router Wi-Fi network.
So let’s begin with these few easy steps:
- Open any web browser and Type a website www.routerlogin.net or www.routerlogin.com in some cases, we need to use the IP address 192.168.1.1 to write on the top address bar of the browser and hit enter.
- You will see a new box appear asking for the username and the password (Default Username = admin & Password = password), after filling the information click Sign in.
- Netgear router GUI will come up with an option of basic and advanced, You have to click on the wireless from the option given below under Basic.
- You will see Wi-Fi Name(SSID) and Network Key(Wi-Fi Password) fill those fields with a new network name and Wi-Fi password of your choice.
- Click on the Apply Button to save new changes on your Netgear router.
(Note: Do make sure when you hit apply your wireless network devices will be disconnected and you need to connect them back again with your new Wi-Fi name and password )